I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 07, 2005

My Goliath

There was a little boy named David, down by the babbling brook. There was a little boy named David, five little stones he took.

Remember the song? Do you ever have “David envy?” I mean here’s this kid who goes before his giant with 5 “little stones” and a slingshot. He proceeds to the battlefield, fully confident that the Lord’s hand will defeat the giant, and grabs a stone. A STONE…one…uno…not two, but one. That’s all it took for David to peg Goliath right in the forehead. He won…with one dadgum stone.

And by the way, do you know why he had the extra four stones? Read the next couple of chapters. David needed the additional four stones to kill four other giant relatives of Goliath…I digress.

I must admit, I have “David envy.” At times it feels like I have backed my dump truck to the babbling brook and loaded it up. I then haul it onto my battlefield and dump out thousands of little stones. I turn towards my giant and begin hurling and hurling and hurling. Why does it seem that my Goliath has a steel plate in his forehead? I load up rocks and hurl them towards my giant and at times it seems as though they bounce off of his forehead, unable to effectively change my circumstances. Or worse yet, my giant “aneurysm” comes crashing down just long enough to have my giant “blindness” replace it.

I know the end of the story. I win. I have that promise from my Father. I fully believe we serve an incredible God who will answer this prayer as well. In my vulnerability and honesty, I must admit to suffering from “David envy” from time to time.

What’s your giant? Do you believe in the God who will take him down? Does your patience run thin when your prayers take longer to answer than you would like? I would encourage you to keep praying and believing that your giant will too come crashing down. We serve an amazing God who is still in the giant killing business. Nothing has changed. You know the end of the story. Keep praying, believing and hurling.

Today I load up another stone, and pray that this is the day my God slays my giant in the Valley of Elah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Praying with you for you...

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter