I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

June 20, 2005

My Perfect Father’s Day

Yesterday was an incredible Father’s Day! I spent the day basking in the glow of my Father’s world. I found myself dismissed from the hospital around noon on Saturday…just in time to veg (literally) around the house for my special day.

As I sat around yesterday, I found myself increasingly aware of My Father’s World in which I live. I sit in awe today of a Father who loves me…every detail about me…unconditionally wanting me healed inside and out. What an amazing love for a Father to shower onto his children. I can find myself in His fields of grace receiving anything He chooses to shower upon me.

My arms and hands are stretched, my heart is open and my Spirit expecting. Lord, bring it. You’re the Healer. I receive your perfect will for my life. I pray that you bring healing to my head…my eye.

This Father’s Day was different from all the others. The focus was quickly taken off of me, and brought back to the perfect Father. I simply am in awe of a Creator who has such perfect plans in our lives. A Father who longs to see his children be all they can be. A Father who sets in motion a desired plan, longing for my acceptance of His perfect plan, so that my community with Him is ONE.

Imagine, if we as fathers, could attempt these same goals for our children. What a rich blessing for a generation who so desperately need it.

I write this looking like a rogue pirate. I have an eyepatch on my left eye and a wicked zipper coming down my head. My God is good…my head is ugly. My wife loves me unconditionally. My three boys have now come around to believe it looks kind of cool.

Thanks for all your prayers, and I pray that tomorrow you wake up looking for yet another Perfect Father’s Day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Praise God!

And I know every day is Happy Father's Day to you.

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so faithful! I am thanking God for His healing for you and can't wait to see all the good that will result from His smiling upon you. Keep the random thoughts coming...........I am edified.

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto anonymous comments!

10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed your e-mails for the last few days. I know you are recovering, but we want to hear the good and the bad so we can keep praying. I pray the Spirit will give you the strength to be candid and honest with everyone who loves you so much. Praying and not accepting anything but complete and ultimate healing.

From someone who loves you very much.

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter