I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

June 07, 2005

An Amazing Man Of Compassion

Imagine my surprise as I pulled the mail out of the mailbox. There in my hand was a letter from Dr. James Dobson. It read:


Dear Bart:

I was sorry to learn that you are suffering from a brain aneurysm, and wanted you to know that your Focus family will be lifting you before the Lord as you await your next surgical procedure. I can only imagine the anxiety you and your family must be feeling, but trust God has been faithful to grant you extra measures of peace as you lean on Him. Judging by the comments on the Web site you’ve established, it’s clear you are maintaining a rock-solid faith in Christ throughout this ordeal. It’s my hope that the promise spoken through the prophet Isaiah will bring you added comfort: “So do not fear, for I am with you’ do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

Keep us posted on your prognosis and treatment, Bart, and be sure to let us know if there’s something Focus can do to come alongside you. Meanwhile, may you, Suzi and your three boys sense the Lord’s loving presence in the days ahead.

Sincerely,

Jim

James C. Dobson, Ph.D.
Founder and Chairman

P.S. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your wonderful and affirming words about me on your Web site. Thanks for your dedication to Focus’ mission!




I waited a week to post this because I wanted to attain permission to post this from one of Dr. Dobson’s closest friends.

You could have knocked me over with a feather. Somehow Dr. Dobson found time to write me this letter in a week with Tim Russert, Hannity and Colmbs, and numerous other media outlets as well as spending the week in Washington at the White House for National Day of Prayer.

I work for an amazing man and an incredible ministry. I will continue to say so. I thank God for so many who daily pray for my family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Wow, that is awesome..

But from what I have read of you, you are pretty awesome yourself!

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bart:

You are indeed a Great Man! You are in Our Prayers and I Thank you for humbling my faith, and allowing me to grow through this time of challenge for you and your whole family. God has blessed me through meeting you!!!

Bob

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter