I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 29, 2005

For Liberty, For Freedom, For Grace

Everything good you enjoy was bought at a price.

If you want to hear a child-like definition of grace, go ask the people of Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Grenada, or Kosovo. These are people who were captives in their own land that have been set free. This is the definition of grace…discovering freedom at no cost to yourself.

On this Memorial Day, I want to remember those who have set the captives free. I want to honor every man and woman who serves with the sole purpose of liberating those who they will never meet.

These freedom fighters serve at the request of their Commander-in-Chief. You fight selflessly to bring freedom to those you serve. You daily put your life on the line for some who don’t yet appreciate what you offer. Those who do not understand have never tasted freedom…they simply don’t understand grace. Once they first experience it, they will never return.

To all of those who have given your lives for the sake of freedom…I stand and salute you. You and your band of brothers have died so that I might live. I acknowledge you today, but recognize that every day I breathe another breath of freedom, it is only done because you have served selflessly.

There was One who came before you. He is the greatest Liberator of all time. He too served at the request of His Commander-in-Chief. He too came to set the captives free. He too came to give freedom to those who were oppressed. He too meets resistance from some who reject the message that sounds too good to be true. He too died a selfless death so that others that He never met could live in freedom. He defined grace…you deliver its’ goodness.

You walk with good company, soldier. You serve under a noble banner. Your flag represents freedom and liberty to all of those who choose to accept it. I thank God for you. Your service today ensures safety for my boys tomorrow.

May God be with you. May His face shine upon you and give you peace. May His spirit be with you as you proclaim liberty to the captives and set liberty before those who are oppressed.

Your nation stands silently and salutes you this day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Amen!

And also to those who have devoted their lives, to both types of war, yet are still living to defend, to protect!

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter