I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 23, 2005

Die To Live

So, have you died yet? I’m not talking about a death that brings death…I’m talking about a death that brings life. A death that brings happiness, not sorrow. A death that brings joy not tears. A death that brings certainty, not doubt.

“We were buried with Him (Christ)…that just as Christ was raised from the dead…even so we also should walk in newness of life.” Romans 6:4

This scripture describes our passing away. This death describes our life after death. In order to live, truly live, you must first die to yourself. You must be willing to say goodbye to your old self and put on your new self. So, what does this look like in a practical sense?

Your desire for self-reliance goes extinct. You refuse to blame every bad circumstance on God, but instead believe that He is the Sovereign Lord and will give you the strength to bring you through. You move out of the driver’s seat and allow the Lord to take the wheel. You officially proclaim that you are your Father’s child, and it no longer matters who knows. You become clothed with Christ…or in other words, when people see you, they see Christ living in you. This is only a small hint of the turn your life will take when you decide to breathe your last.

Understand that you and you alone decide when this day comes. No one can make this decision for you…even your Creator. He gives you the free will to choose the date of your demise.

I remember a forgettable time in my life when my father sort of embarrassed me. I can think of times in 8th grade when he would yell at athletic events louder than any other parent. He had this patented “Whooohaa” yell that echoed for what seemed like miles. I soon fell in love with my father’s “Whooohaa’s” and would give anything to hear one more. I can’t. Perhaps when I enter Heaven I’ll be greeted with a giant “Whooohaa.”

Early in my working career, I had multiple opportunities to brag on my Heavenly Dad, and I chose not to. I was hesitant to be labeled as a “freak” or a “bible thumper.” I didn’t want to deal with the ridicule or the possible judgment, so it was just easier to stay silent. God longs for the day when we tell Him we are ready to die and let the world know that we are His children.

Have you really come to you last days? Perhaps you have envisioned this day in your mind, but the reality is that you have never lived it out. Can you honestly look back at your life and point to your farewell party? Was there a time when you can truthfully say your time was up? If not, then you have not celebrated your going away celebration.

It’s time. Your Dad cheers loudly for you. He’s your number one fan. Find that last piece of pride that prevents you from dying, and bury it. Embrace the cemetery…your faith journey awaits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

I get so close...but I just hang on. Not consciously refusing to die to self just not completely doing it! Thanks for the jolt!

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter