I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 18, 2005

A Lifestyle Of Worship

What is worship? I have heard this question asked a thousand times with a thousand different answers.

I have learned so much more about worship as I have become more mature…or at least gotten older. Perhaps all of the follicles on my head were impeding my ability to fully grasp the concept of worship. I suppose I have exchanged my boyish head of hair for the wisdom of worship. I’ll take the revelation anytime.

My time of worship growing up was reserved for 3 times a week…10 am Sunday mornings, 6 pm Sunday nights and 7 pm Wednesday nights. I officially ‘worshipped’ when my derriere hit the pew …not a second before and not a second thereafter. I thank God for opening my heart to new forms of worship.

Worship can be encapsulated in many ways. You worship when you love your bride as Christ loved His. Worship is reacting to your children with patience and respect, when you normally would have done the opposite. Worship is making the right decision when you previously would have chosen the wrong path. Worship trusts the Giver of all things with your finances. Worship is dedicating your house as a house of prayer. Worship is repeatedly thanking your Savior for taking the nails that were meant for your hands. Worship is standing in awe of a sunrise and giving the credit to the One who painted it just for you.

What do you do that honors the Lord? Whatever you just answered defines worship. The more you think of ways to worship the King, the more you honor Him…the more your mind is consumed by things that truly matter. Worship is giving the Lord continuous nuggets of praise. Worship is thanking God for something as small as a beautiful butterfly landing near you, and being aware that your Dad thought you might appreciate its’ beauty. Worship is getting the news that it’s cancer, and choosing to believe your Father hasn’t forsaken you, but instead He has drawn closer than He has ever been.

Worship is giving back to God the best that He has given you. Examine your life and its blessings. Identify the best blessings in your life. Worship is identifying these and returning them as offerings to the Lord. Or in other words, return these as love gifts back to God.

Creatively explore new ways to worship. Your Father smiles when you think of Him. He delights that His children adore Him for what He does and for who He is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter