I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

June 08, 2005

Who’s Your Daddy?

The term “The fear of the Lord” has always been confusing. I understand that as one who follows Christ I am instructed to have this fear, but I have always had a reluctance to want to be afraid of my God…so I just didn’t acknowledge this part of the Bible.

This morning I was reading about this “fear.” The more I read, the more was revealed to me about the real meaning of “the fear of the Lord.”

You must first acknowledge who’s your daddy. You have to be fully identified with the Lord. You must receive Him as your Father. You must accept that He is a good Dad, and wants nothing more than for you to experience blessing here on this Earth. You must recognize His power and His miracles. You need to walk closely with Him, realizing that every decision you make is made with Him and every blessing you enjoy is straight from Him. So, what’s the advantage of this “fear?”

The more I read the more I wanted it. Read along with me:

“I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days.” I’m in.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding.” I like it…I want it.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” I’m in desperate need for wisdom and knowledge.

“My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying our heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.” I’m in love with this verse. I want it all.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” More wisdom and knowledge of God. Count me in.

"The fear of the Lord adds length to your life.” I’m up for living a long time.

“The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.” Once again…keeping you from trouble. I’ve been there, and want to stay out as much as possible.

“…Through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.” Strength to make right decisions…sounds like a benefit to me.

“Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor to life.” Sign me up.

“…Salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.” I’m treasure hunting, baby!

“…the church…was strengthened and encouraged…it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.” Look…a healthy church because they lived in a fear of the Lord.

Sign me up! It took 36 years, but I now officially embrace the fear of the Lord. To quote some goofball country song, “I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.”

Your journey to finding the fear of the Lord begins by identifying, “Who’s your daddy.” Sign up today. Membership has its privileges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter