I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 03, 2005

Freedom Without Bondage

True freedom. I love America. This country exudes freedom from its very pores, and encourages all to partake in its goodness. But unfortunately, America’s freedom carries with it conditions and limits. The definition of America’s freedom is basically wrapped up in its freedom from oppression. Go to any church you want…or not.

America offers you the ability to make legal choices.

Its freedom allows you to drink as much as you want. It also allows you to throw your guts up, lose your license or your life.

Its freedom allows you to enjoy relationships outside of your marriage. It also allows you to lose your wife and children and all you hold dear due to your poor decisions.

Its freedom allows you to forego an occupation. It also allows you to end up in an alley sleeping in the rain.

America has no ability to offer true freedom. Christ alone holds this key. America allows you to do stupid stuff and suffer equally stupid circumstances. As amazing as America is, it has its limits. Choosing to follow Christ offers no limits.

True freedom comes from following Christ. If you believe what He lays out before you as the way to act, the way to treat people, the ways to live, then you truly understand freedom. Not until you embrace this concept can you experience true freedom.

This Independence Day I encourage you to take a hard core look at your freedom quotient. Are you enjoying true freedom, or freedom with limits? God longs for you to experience limitless freedom. If you’ve never fully experienced it, you’re in bondage to your “freedom.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter