I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

June 28, 2005

Post Op Update

I wanted to give a brief update on my head. I went last Thursday to see the nurse and she took out the 30 staples one week post op. Yes, there were a few that hurt, but surprisingly, most didn’t. I look much less robotic with my staples out and my scar seems to be healing. My kids are no longer scared of me…that’s a good thing.

Suzi and I went to see Dr. Duke Samson today. This was my first visit since my surgery (tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op). He gave us a good report and it was better than expected.

For those who don’t know, my left eye is still swollen shut and is unresponsive to light. This has been hard for me for the past week, and at times has been a little depressing. I didn’t expect this to happen post op, but happened due to the traumatic nature of the aneurysm. I can’t wait to not have to spell aneurysm again…I digress.

I only see out of my right eye…my left eye is swollen shut. It’s a dark world right now. The aneurysm dissected my optic nerve, so the deflation and physiology of the surgery took its toll on my nerves. Dr. Samson feels that my eyesight will return with time…although he does not say how much time might be expected. He feels that I will recover better out of the oppressive heat of Texas, so we are free to leave as soon as I feel able. It seems like a difficult 17 hour drive right now, but perhaps we’ll be ready within a week or so.

I want to thank everyone for your incredible hearts towards me and my family right now. Your prayers mean more than your know and I feel stronger every day.

God bless you and if you still have some prayers in you, please pray that the Lord opens my blind eye.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Sampson is still positive on the eye's regeneration. I know that this Earth suit is a marvelous creation, designed by it's Creator to do things that regularly leave doctors and professionals stumped. God has designed a fantastic instrument in this human body, and frail though it is, I believe He has already placed in you the perfect plan for healing your blind eye. May God's plan and your willingness to accept His perfect outcome intersect beneath the sunlight of The Spirit. I pray that God opens your eyes just in time to see the grandeur of Pike's Peak illuminated by the morning sun breaking over the Eastern horizon, waking the slumber of it's watchful eye over His creation from the night before....and even sooner than you're expecting.

Love you, man...however many eyes you have...

wes

12:38 AM

 
Blogger Donna G said...

Praise God for all your success. I will continue to pray for your eyesight...

I am just so thankful all went well.

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Bart, praying for you often.

9:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bart, I have tried to keep updated by your mom, but find it hard to keep up with her! I too am so thankful that everything is going as well as it is...I have faith your eyesight will be restored quickly. Your faith in God is contagious and I want to encourage you to keep sharing it boldly and loudly. Your precious wife spoke volumes to me in a picture that your mom shared...it's the one of her praising our Almighty God during your first surgery. I wish there was a way everyone could see and experience that kind of healing praise.
I love you and your family and look forward to reading many miraculous updates.
Beth (Collins) Plemons

12:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never fear.......we still have lots of prayers for you. :)

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter