I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 14, 2005

Goodbye Friend


One of my best friends died today. My dog, Tyson the boxer died in the night. He was our first child, and lived for 9 years. He was a comfort during my recovery. He knew when I was struggling and would react appropriately. When I hurt, he would come close. I feel a hole in my gut. He was a big part of this family.

He truly was the best dog a family could have. He is a companion that my 3 boys grew up with and grew to love as the fourth brother. Our children rode him like a horse…all the while, he allowed it to happen, knowing it was part of his duties here on Earth. I will miss him…a lot.

It’s been a hard day with many tears shed before 8 a.m. Our boys understand the depth of loss, and I feel for them. My heart aches twice…my loss and the loss for my family.

Tyson, you’ve been a good dog, and my heart hurts that you are no longer here to wrestle with me. He will be buried high on a mountain. You will be sorely missed as part of this family.

I love you, boy.




A Letter From Tyson

Dear Master,
You have been my teacher, my friend and most beloved companion. I was like your child, totally dependent on you for all my needs. But I never grew up and moved away as children do, I just grew to love and need you more each day, each month, each year.


I never went hungry because you gave me dinner and gave me water each day. When the weather was bad I found comfort in the warmth and safety of your home. I delighted you by learning tricks, but what you may not have realized is that I loved learning from you because I lived to please you. The touch of your hand stroking my fur made my life worthwhile. Though I barked at noises in the night, the postman's footsteps and the ringing of the doorbell; the voice of my master was the one sound that I cherished most. Your moods became my moods. When you were sad or lonely, I nuzzled closer to comfort you .


There were times when you became upset with me because I soiled the carpet, chewed on a piece of furniture, or barked too much. But do not feel bad about those times when you scolded me - I needed to learn right from wrong, and I always understood when things weren't going your way or when you'd had an unpleasant day at work. There is no need for you to harbor guilt or remorse on my behalf. You loved me and blessed me with more happiness than most animals will ever know. Instead of wondering what you could have done differently, remember the funny things I did and the happy times we shared together. Though it is hard for you to understand, I was ready to pass on from this life.


Our time together was short, but if we'd had fifty years together, you still would have not been ready for me to leave. So please, Master, share your life with others. Do not refuse the opportunity to give another lucky pet the love you have given me. No other animal will ever take my place in your heart, but there is another one who needs you and will grow to love you as much as I did.


I am now at peace and no longer feel pain. You gave me a wonderful home and a happy existence on this earth. So please be happy - go on with your life and give your love to others. Although I no longer share your world, I will always live in your heart and you in mine. Farewell dear Master,

Tyson

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had such a good time with tyson when he stayed with us these last few weeks. I really grew to love him more. He will be missed. I know Debra will be heartbroken. God is good, He gave you 9 great years with tyson, and he'll give you many more good years with your next puppy. I love you, Auntie Angie

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Donna G said...

There is no love like the love of a dog! They truly forgive and forget!

I feel for your loss.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Craig said...

Sorry for the loss. I have been there and I know the hurt. Read DOG HEAVEN. Tyson will be missed.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter