I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 05, 2005

Heart Surgery vs. Brain Surgery

Today I go to have my brain surgery. Many thoughts flood my mind at a time like this, but overwhelmingly, I feel at peace with what the day brings. This is not because I know the outcome, but because I know the Father. I understand that I am in extremely capable hands.
You see, my Heart Surgeon is way better than my brain surgeon. Throughout the past couple of months the Great Physician has been performing a heart transplant on this 36 year old body. This reality is what I’m armed with going into my brain surgery today.

Dr. Replogle is a fantastic surgeon and I realize that I’m in extremely capable earthly hands. That’s good enough for some people, but for me it brings little comfort without the bigger picture. Whether Dr. Replogle knows it or not, his hands are being guided by the Maker. God Himself holds the catheter in His hands and steadies it up through the arteries to my brain. God Himself deploys the stint. God Himself comforts me while I sleep.

I love the knowledge of my Lord being with me in a state unlike I have never been before. He is my provider, my strength and my source of life. He alone gives me my next breath…not a team of anesthesiologists. He alone heals my aneurysm, not a brain surgeon. He alone provides for me my ultimate care, not some team of well-trained nurses. I thank God for all of them, but I rely on Him for my life.

On second thought, I enter the day knowing the outcome, no matter the outcome. Because really, I would much rather have heart surgery any day of the week.

God bless you and your families.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Father God is so much more than we could ever ask or imagine! I can just picture Him gently negotiating the catheter up through the groin, through the abdomen, and up to the brain with such expertise! Wow! Thank you Abba Father for your infinite mercy and grace on us as a family. You always come through with flying colors and I'm sure today is no exception.

6:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless Bart

Bob

9:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for you and your family today. May God continue to bless you and yours.

2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been praying, Bart!
Tyson says to take your time...he's having fun!

The Wilson's

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Carl Wheeler said...

God, please guide the hands of the doctors and nurses and grant Bart healing that this tremendous man of faith can touch the lives of many more for Your glory.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter