I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 29, 2005

Firm Footing

I recently took my family to Mueller State Park. It’s a fantastic place way up in the mountains. The coolest part of Mueller is the nature center. I know you’re asking, “How can you be out in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and you go indoors to the nature center?” I’m not sure, but I’m glad we did.

As we explored the exhibits, we found an area that had the foot of a bighorn sheep. I think it was a replica, or at least I hope so, because at one point my two year old was licking it. I was amazed at the bottom of this animals hoof. It had the grip of a rubber tire and the perfect angle for climbing. Have you ever seen some of the cliffs these animals traverse? It’s absolutely amazing and nearly vertical in some cases. Bighorn sheep do not fear heights, nor do they worry about falling. They are protected up there…that’s why they climb to these incredible heights. It removes the fear of predators.

In the bible, there is a tiny book called Habakkuk. Within that tiny 3 chapter book is a verse that says, “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.” I was moved when I read this. Refer back to the bighorn sheep. They can climb nearly impossible vertical paths without falling because they have the perfect feet. Their paths are incredibly difficult, but they are able to negotiate them because of the Lord’s design. He equips them with the proper footing for the task ahead.

My path is difficult right now. I’m not sure where it leads. It is rocky and steep, and there are times when fear grips me when I look at the narrow, steep grades. It contains terrain that is simply impassable without the intervention of Christ himself. I pray that the Lord would give me the appropriate feet to walk on what lies ahead.

I thank God that He is protecting me from predators. The predator of doubt. The predator of fear. The predator of anxiety. He has protected me from the fear of falling. When you climb to these heights with the Lord, you find a peace there. You realize that He has provided safety and shelter in the midst of what looks to be some pretty intimidating landscape.

What treacherous terrain lies ahead of you? Does it look intimidating? Is it uphill? I pray today for you to be equipped with the right feet for the path ahead. I believe we serve a huge God who knows exactly the feet you need to walk whatever path lies ahead. Begin walking with your new, perfectly equipped feet. You're gonna look cute in your new little hooves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter