I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 27, 2005

Nutbrain

I’ve been asked several times to put down my quill, and tell you how I’m feeling. I may have picked the wrong day for an update, but here it goes.

Today was horrible. I’ll just get that out of the way now. I began having a headache at 11 am and it went away around 7 pm. Here were the symptoms: Headache, dizziness and double vision, numbness on the left side of my face, lips and eyelids feeling like they were in a lake of fire, and the feeling like someone is pulling out my molars and bicuspids one by one with no anesthesia. But other than that I felt great.

O.K. Other than that craziness, I have felt great. Seriously. There are not many days that go by without a headache, but they generally last for only an hour or two. I am extremely grateful for those days. The side effects are interesting in that they are somewhat of a grab bag. You never know what you’re going to get. It may be the fiery eyelids and bicuspids, or it may be just the numbness and tightness in my throat. It’s strange, I know. And yes, I’ve asked the doctors and they have no idea why I experience the grab bag of symptoms.

So, what are you doing for Cinco de Mayo? Joe T. Garcia’s, On the Border or maybe La Hacienda Ranch? Good. “I’m ready to order. Let’s see, for my appetizer I’ll take a needle to my groin, followed by a 12 gauge catheter inserted in my femoral artery all the way to my brain, and for dessert, I think I’ll have a stint deployed across my aneurysm…and a Diet Coke through an I.V…please.

I feel at ease about this procedure. I suppose if I think about the 6-8% stroke rate for a long time, I get a little uneasy. Yes, I know it’s only 6-8%, but if you had those odds on the Texas Lottery, I guarantee you’d be down at 7-11 buying a ticket. God has given Suzi and I a real peace about this. I am so ready for relief. For the past 90 days, there have only been a handful of days that brought relief from these headaches. I’m getting tired, and can hardly wait to get to the other side.

I wouldn’t have traded the past 90 days for anything. God and I have been reintroduced to one another, but this time in a higher plain. I did not know this level of intimacy until now, and quite honestly, didn’t even know it existed. But, I’m glad it does.

I have been blessed with so many friends. You. I’m constantly amazed at your prayers and your words. Thank you for loving Suzi, me and the boys the way you do.

I have to say how much I love my wife. I adore her. Suzi has been the most amazing, supportive, spiritual friend during this time. I do not know what I would have done without her. God has blessed me greatly with a mighty spiritual warrior. She is my best friend.

I had to break from writing this as, Gabe my 6 year old just prayed for me. He held my head with his hands and said, “God, please help my daddy to be healed. Please help that spot behind my daddy’s eye be filled. As you say in Luke 1:37 ‘Nothing is impossible for You.’ We love you, God. Amen.”

Friends, I am truly blessed beyond words. I must end now, as looking through these tears is messing up my typing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Your Gabe has left me in tears as well. Been a little behind reading what's going on with you. I will remember to pray especially for you on Cinco de Mayo!

Your faith, your courage, your love inspires me.

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter