I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 20, 2005

Obstructed Views

I live on the Front Range. This is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado. Pikes Peak in all its wonder towers above the rest in splendor. Its summit covered with snow and grace. Its peak is treeless as if God Himself took his finger at creation, drew a line and said, “Trees, stop here.” If you need help believing that God exists, spend some time in my world….soon there will be no doubt.

Dense fog had set in as I was driving down I-25 this morning to join a friend for breakfast. The range wasn’t visible…Pikes Peak apparently disappearing overnight. The beauty was hidden by the clouds. I wondered how many people were driving through town for the first time thinking, “So this is what all of the hubbub is about? I always heard Colorado Springs was beautiful.” And they travel on, never knowing the beauty that is right next to them…never laying eyes on the 14,000 foot giant beside them. They missed it.

As I sit here writing this, I have a headache, my face is numb and I stare at this screen with double vision. It feels as though someone is pulling out my molars without anesthesia, and someone is holding a flame inches from my eyelid and upper lip. I would recommend everyone feel this feeling just once. An aneurysm is pressing on my optic nerve distorting my view of the world. How many times have I gone through trials missing the beauty of my world around me due to the fog in my life? If I could just remember that the mountain has not moved.

As you travel down I-25, you can exit at Highway 24. This road is a beautiful drive as it takes you by The Garden of the God next to Pike’s Peak. As you drive higher in elevation, you will eventually rise above the clouds until you reach sunshine. The town of Woodland Park sees many more days of sunshine than do we in the Springs. There aren’t many days those people don’t see the mountain or the sunshine. I envy them.

Today I pray that my obstructed view becomes unobstructed, not because the circumstances have changed, but because in faith, I can still see the sunshine and the mountain. I close my eyes and remember the beauty and strength of my God. The only thing that has changed is my perception. I pray that I allow God to elevate me above the fog of my circumstances. I pray that I understand that the One who created the mountains also commands them to bow down in His presence.

It’s all about perception. Some days God’s majesty is clear, and some days it takes faith to remember what He looks like.

In this season of life I have an uninvited guest living in my head. I challenge you to move past your “aneurysm.” What’s living in your head that keeps you from seeing the world as the Creator designed it to be? The beauty of the mountain is still next to you. Choose to reside in Woodland Park where you experience clarity…no matter what circumstances arise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter