I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 13, 2005

Can You Hear Me Now?

How many times a day do we say that? You should live in Colorado where the mountains are a cell phone’s worst enemy. Does it ever fail that it happens at the most critical point in the conversation when you find that you are alone. Or worse, you’re in the middle of an incredibly long story only to find that you’ve been sharing it with no one for who knows how long. It’s enough to make me pull out the remainder of my hairs.I have no greater frustration in a day. It drives me crazy when my communication gets cut off. I am not being heard and what is on my heart is not being shared. This is not an issue with God. Our communication is never in question…at least His end is never in question. I believe the Lord wants to communicate, both listening and speaking with us nonstop. It is our end of the conversation that gets screwed up. We find ourselves busy, self-absorbed and generally unwilling to dial Him up. If we would just talk openly with our Father, we would find the communication open up from both ends. I believe we would begin hearing from Him as well. This is perhaps more important than our speaking to Him. God longs to answer us. After all, why would you continue to pray if there was never an answer? It would be like having your call dropped in the middle of a long dissertation with no one listening. God answers. If praying is new to you here’s a helpful hint. There is no wrong way to pray. God is not impressed with the “thee’s and thou’s” that we often throw into the conversation. Verbal diarrhea is something God can do without. Open your mouth and speak as if He’s sitting next to you. It’s your heart that the Lord is hearing, not your perfectly crafted words. He already knows your concerns before you even utter them. In obedience to him, tell Him. Begin to ask for answers, and He will begin to speak. What if we really believed that “if My people who are called by My name would humble themselves and pray…then I will hear from Heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land.” Heal their hurts. Heal their hearts. Heal their families. It would change us. The Lord has the “most bars,” the best coverage area, rollover minutes and no roaming charges. Dial Him up. You’ll be surprised; it will sound like He’s right next to you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great analogy!

7:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BART-MAN!!!:),

Hey Buddy, it's me, Josh Covington!!:) I've never stopped thinking of YOU & Suzi, but still have NO idea how to contact you directly?? Would you PLEASE send me e-mail, & include your phone # dirtectly to MY address: joshman@wans.net ??? I'm praying for YOu man:) Let me know,... I have NATIONWIDE METRO Service on my phone!:):):) I Love y'all!:),

Josh Covington
7532 CR 202
McKinney, Tex. 75071
e-mail: joshman@wans.net
Phone: (972)562-5028

Proverb 17:17- "A friend loves you at ALL times...":)

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter