I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 10, 2005

The Role of a Lifetime

The best actors are those who know their place in the movie. They understand the role they play. Tom Cruise, Sean Connery, Meryl Streep, and Julia Roberts…they know their role. They look as good as they do because of the supporting cast around them. Someone creative wrote their script. Someone imaginative directed and produced their film. And, they have a fantastic supporting crew of actors to make them look better than they are.

I had this epiphany the other day that in the movie of my life, I am not the starring role. I’m not the director. I’m not the producer or even the writer of the script. I am a supporting actor, with God Himself as the star. My role is to support. The Lord writes the script, directs and produces the film.

Like all supporting casts, my number one task is to make the film a success. I am called to make the lead actor look good. Yes, it’s my movie. I understand, but I now see where I have struggled for so long. I have done everything to star, direct or write the next scene. No. That’s not it. I exist to bring glory to the Father. I can not bring glory to God while trying to compete for the lead role.

We have written our own scenes into our life’s movie from time to time. Looking back, it didn’t make sense. It didn’t flow. It’s as if a kindergartener writes a scene for Gladiator. Imagine in this scene Maximus is in the arena awaiting the lions to be released, but in our stupidity we write into the script for the soldiers to yell, “Release the rabbits.” Wow, that would be a confusing twist to the movie. I have done this. I’ve written the stupidest scenes into my life’s play that don’t make sense. It’s when I get out of the way, and allow the Creator who breathed life into my lungs to lead, life begins to make sense again.

I long to hear my name called when the “Best Supporting Actor” award is handed out. As I stand before my audience of one, I give my acceptance speech: “I would like to thank you, Lord. Thank you for this amazing script you have written. I didn’t always know where you were going from one scene to the next, but now it all makes sense. Thank you for the way you directed my life, gently bringing me through life’s trials. You never left me. I pray that I brought you glory in my life’s script…for You are who I live for.”

I challenge you today to evaluate the movie of your life. What role do you play?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lovell's Lookout said...

BArt- Great Stuff...Great BLOG.. GREAT GOD....

3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter