I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 04, 2005

Finding His Porch

I agree with Francis of Assisi. “Preach the gospel wherever you go, and if necessary use words.” However, I also believe that we should find ways to work the greatness of God into casual conversation. I heard my brother-in-law do it the other day. We walked into a Starbuck’s and he said to the lady, “Boy, what an incredible day God made.” You could tell it had been a while since someone greeted her in that way. She may have needed more from us that day than a venti double shot espresso breve latte grande…light. Ridiculous amounts of names for one drink.

Don’t deny someone who doesn’t know the love of Christ the opportunity to discover the love awaiting them. It’s special. As followers of Christ, we hold something precious, and as such our charge is to get it out of our hearts and into their lives. Unlike the Go-Go’s, our lips aren’t sealed. We have the opportunity to bring life, true life to someone.

I’m not suggesting as followers of Christ, we all load up in the Joy Bus going door to door handing out tracts to the upcoming V.B.S. Lord, help us. I admit that I have done a poor job of setting an example worthy of the calling. My eyes have been opened to see my inconsistencies. I’m embarrassed to say that after 12 years in medical sales, many people I came in contact with had no idea I was a follower of Christ. I was saying that I was coming to work as Dr. James Dobson’s assistant, and boy did the floodgates open. People I had worked with for over a decade were coming out of the closet…so was I.


I suppose I have just crossed over into a completely different realm of reality of my Abba.

Your identity must be in your Maker, your Creator. Many reading this right now have chased happiness your entire life. But, because everyone has a God-shaped hole inside of us that can not be filled with money, drugs, sex, alcohol or self-importance, you will always chase your proverbial tail. The world cannot offer you happiness. You’ve tried that route again…and again…and again. You’re going to end up bruising that head of yours if you keep beating it against the wall.

Stop searching. The Lord is pacing the porch of Heaven looking for you. You are His child and you will never find happiness without Him. Never. The battle waging within your guts, is not going to be won without the King of Peace. He alone can calm the storm within you.

My prayer is that you don’t have to develop an aneurysm in order to feel true intimacy. It can’t be missed. Our lives here on this tiny blue planet are short. Live life to its fullest.

Well, there it is. I’m officially coming out of the closet. I’m a Christ follower. I couldn’t be more proud to associate my life with a man who came to this earth, only to die for my imperfection. Come home. The Lord has a fatted calf, or in modern day terms, a Del Frisco’s Bone-In Rib eye waiting for you.

How do you find His porch? Start walking…He’ll lead you from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter