I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

March 29, 2005

Over Six Billion Served

My house reeks of throw up. It’s the kind of throw up smell that makes you throw up. My 2 year old, Nate woke up from his nap today with 103 degree fever and throwing up. I don’t know how a child that only weighs 30 pounds can physically hurl 15 pounds of liquid, but it’s happening.

It’s one of those times when mom’s become superstars. I don’t know how Suzi didn’t lose it, but I know she must have had the dry heaves. As soon as the action starts, she is there almost in time to save the carpet. She wasn’t, and it’s o.k. because it’s a rent house and the carpet’s pink. Yep, pink carpets, pink wallpaper and embarrassed to say, pink commodes. I’m so humiliated each time I visit there.

I wish this letter was about me, and how I am there for my children no matter what. This would bode well for me. I would be the hero, but my reaction was to run…fast. I couldn’t get out of the house to “run errands” quick enough. I’ve had my moments in the fatherhood hall of fame, but this wasn’t one of them.

However, Suzi never runs. Her support of our children and dog are endless. Yes, even her love of our dog is unwavering. He sleeps in Gabe and Luke’s room. Unbeknownst to me, she was up with him at 3 o’clock in the morning, cleaning Tyson’s mess up. Again, on the pink carpet. There goes the deposit. This time I didn’t run, I just laid there motionless pretending not to hear anything. My understanding now is that his sickness was caused by me feeding him table food. Suzi made me aware of this.

Our God never runs. We can never do anything that scares Him away. Our throw up, diarrhea and sins don’t make him run. Six billion people a day on planet earth bring sacrifices of filth, unworthiness and unattractiveness to the Creator, and He loves us anyway...unconditionally. All six billion of our huddled masses are equally loved by Him. Does it bother you that He loves Saddam as much as He loves you? I personally feel more lovable than a murderous dictator, but fortunately I don’t make the rules.

Does it blow you away to believe this about God? Because of Christ bridging the gap between humanity and Heaven, we are afforded unconditional grace and love. It’s not right. Or, maybe I should say, it’s not humanly possible. Jesus modeled his love by washing the disciples stinky, dirty and calloused feet. He served, and He loved unconditionally.

I am in love with God, and He in love with me. I would personally rather die knowing the depth of God’s love for me, than live and wonder if He really does. That was good.

I passed a Mickey D’s today that said “over 6 billion served.” I’ll view that tagline differently from now on.
I don’t know about you, but tonight I ’m saying my McPrayers and thanking God for his unforgettable McMercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter