I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 09, 2005

Adam, Eve and Jocko

Adam, Eve and Jocko…Adam, Eve and Jocko. I must have said it 100 times during the procedure. You see, my dad had a similar procedure to my angiogram 10 years ago, in which he had a stroke. We knew something was wrong when after the procedure we asked my father who the first two people in the garden were. He responded, “Alvin and Speedy.” Something was definitely wrong, he knew the bible backwards and forwards.

We had a poodle at home named Jocko. He came home from the hospital, bent over to pet the dog on the head and said, “Hello, Greg.” There has never been a more “non-dog” name in the world than Greg. Again, this was a result of his stroke.

So, as I lay on the table yesterday having this balloon blown up in my brain, all I could do was repeat, “Adam, Eve and Jocko.” Every time it came out of my mouth, I smiled knowing at least I knew these three names. The test went great, hurt like stink, but it went great.

They found out that the aneurysm can not be coiled. That was the easiest treatment. It’s simply the wrong shape. But, they did find that I had very good blood circulation in my head…contrary to what some of my teachers thought growing up. This finding was positive. This opens more possibilities for treatment.

He agreed that I needed to consult with Dr. Duke Samson out of Dallas. I will do this next Tuesday. I’m excited to get to this appointment and receive further answers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I always loved talking about Jocko. Hang in there. God has you in His hands

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Donna G said...

I am grateful that you had a good if not perfect report. I will keep you in my prayers.

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter