I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

April 13, 2005

Duke for President

I made the pilgrimage to Dallas. I had a great appointment with Dr. Duke Samson. I actually ended up seeing 3 doctors there in the clinic, including his partner, Dr. Replogle.

This report will sound confusing, because it is confusing. According to Duke, the aneurysm, we will call it “Wally the walnut,” (see 3d image posted 4/9) is outside the brain. Yes, I know, we’ve heard otherwise…twice. His explanation was good enough for me…being the aneurysm expert.

He also said that he feels that we HAVE to try to coil this guy. Yes, I know…refer to the former paragraph. Apparently, Dr. Replogle (who does the interventional radiology stuff) uses a technique that would not only coil, but stint as well. This will hold the coils in place inside the aneurysm.

Again, Duke’s reputation precedes him. I felt as though if this were his brain at 36, this is what he would do…I feel like this is a good thing. It is not without risks, as there is a 6-8 % stroke rate with this procedure. Not too high, but if you heard you had those odds on tonight’s lottery, most of you would be buying a ticket.

This is a two step process. First on May 5th, I will have a stint put across the aneurysm. Then 6 weeks later, around 6/12, I will have the coils placed inside Wally.
So, Lord willing and the creeks don’t rise, my Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated somewhere other than with fajitas and ritas. I’ll celebrate with a catheter up my groin and deploying a stint across my aneurysm. I would rather be deciding on beef or chicken…but.

Suzi and I are grateful that this option exists. We thought going into the appointment that it didn’t. Please pray for the next couple of weeks for continued peace. We thank you for caring enough to keep up with us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

This is great news!!Prayers answered already. Praise God

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter