I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 03, 2005

Undercover Angels

Do you suppose that God assigns more angels to some people? I know it's one of those thoughts that God truly never thinks about. But, as a dad of a 4 year old who continues to defies the odds, but rarely gets hurt, it makes me wonder.

Luke is amazing. Before I start, all of my kids are amazing, but this post is specific to Luke. We arrived in Texas yesterday, and were picked up by Suzi's father. We drove to Suzi's house in Irving. The boys were enjoying their time with their Grandpa as they normally do. He was taking them around the back yard showing them his garden, and showing them the pecan trees planted by squirrels, etc. He is the prototypical "great" Grandpa. Any picture book that you read to your children, looks like Suzi's dad. He's great.

Anyway, I was sitting on the back porch reading the paper enjoying weather, that was something other than snow and sub-zero temperatures, when the soothing sounds of birds chirping was abruptly interrupted by a horrendous crashing of glass.

Luke had run from inside the house to the backyard straight through the sliding glass door. I was in shock as I looked up to see Luke, who had been knocked down by the crash, laying there as a 3 foot shard of glass was breaking loose, falling towards him. Keep in mind that this house is nearly 40 years old. The concept of a double paned glass hadn't been invented yet. This glass was 1/2 inch thick and extremely heavy. The large piece of glass seemed to come down in slow motion as it crashed around Luke but not on Luke.

Luke walked away unhurt. Unbelievable. The thought of what could have happened to him, was too overwhelming for me to even think about. Any one of those pieces of glass could have acted as a guillotine for my middle child.

I think God today for His undercover angels. I thank God for His covering of blessing on my 4 year old adventurer. I choose to believe that God was there reminding me of His goodness and mercy.

Lord, please help me never to come through a trial without remembering it is You who gives everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter