I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

September 16, 2005

An Eternity Awaits

We would all be better off if we realized how short this life truly is. Compared to our eternal dwelling, this life is fleeting. If we could see the eternal perspective of life, our world would change.

Consider David, who says,

“Show me, O Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath.”

This is a picture of a man who raced after God’s own heart. He was also a man who realized the price of eternity bought. He understood the brevity of life on this tiny blue planet, and he longed to be in the presence of his Father…forever.

What if we were like David? How would things be different as we go through our days?

I would imagine our families would look radically different than they do now. I think it would be a lot easier to love your bride as Christ loves His. Those “unscheduled discussions” with your spouse would become more infrequent and resolution would come quicker. Life together would be sweeter and have a new meaning not yet realized. If we viewed this world as temporary there would be a longing and desire that would radically change our views.

Our children would be blessed. The goal of bringing your child into a relationship with a loving Father would be more intentional. Modeling the love of Christ to our children would become an urgency. I believe with an eternal perspective, we rear our children to know their forever Daddy better. Being a parent of a child who knows their true Father, brings contentment and joy, yet unfelt.

Imagine if an eagle had to walk everywhere unable to spread its wings and fly. He would be absolutely miserable. A largemouth bass wouldn’t fare too well on land because it’s made for the water. Because we were created for eternity, I don’t think we will ever be fully satisfied here on this Earth. This assignment is temporary and will never feel like home to those who follow Christ.

The best chapters in our book come after this life on Earth is over. Our time here on Earth prepares us for what lies ahead. Live today knowing that it is in preparation for life with our Father. I believe that your spouse, children, coworkers and fellow earthlings will begin to see an eternal difference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and i miss our talks. ANGIE

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter