I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

August 24, 2005

Blessed

It snowed yesterday. It is now August. Yes, it snowed in August. We had gone downtown to buy some furniture, and unfortunately we were away from our home when the snow angels fell from the sky.

As we drove home we noticed that the foothills were covered in snow. Imagine our surprise as we drove up the interstate to find snow at our house. It was one of the most surreal times I have experienced for a while.

Growing up in Texas, your body’s clock begins to prepare yourself for winter. Last time I checked, August is not winter. I welcomed the site anyway, and thought of my friends and loved ones in Texas that would give anything to trade their 100 degree days for a little snow.

The welcomed site made me extremely contemplative about my blessings. The Lord gave me a clear picture of where He has brought us in the past year.

He has given us a new job, new state, new home, new lease on life, and a new perspective on the value of family.

I thank God for His amazing work in our life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

I had sweat rolling off of my sweat here in Alabama....SNOW!!

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter