I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 28, 2005

He Brought The Wood, They Brought The Stones

Stephen got stoned. I’m not talking about drugs; I’m talking about rocks. Question: Are you willing to get stoned for Christ?

I went through a long period of my young adult life when those around me thought I was a “good guy.” I was often described this way, but was rarely described as a “Christian.” I just didn’t talk a lot about my beliefs. I tried to live a good life where people would hopefully characterize me as different. I’m all about living your life in a way where someone, someday might possibly ask you why you’re different. It rarely happened.

What if you could bypass being stoned to death, but instead deal with the possibility of laying your pride on the line. What if those around you noticed that you are a walking, talking believing modern-day Stephen.

Talk about faith. In spite of his fate, Stephen stood before a hostile crowd and proclaimed the goodness of our God. He heralded the lives of Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and Christ. Unabashed, he stood before the hostile crowd, proudly claiming his heritage. He brought the wood that day. Stephen was willing to die for the cause of Christ…and he did.

Something interesting happened that day. Just before the rock throwing party began, Stephen looked up to Heaven. God opened the sky, revealing Heaven to give Stephen a taste of what he would call home in mere moments. Stephen got a peek behind the curtain to see the glory of God, with His son Jesus standing at His right hand.

I believe that God does the same for us today. When we are willing to step out in faith and let those around us know how proud we are of our Father, I believe that God will open the curtains of Heaven for us. The blessings of Heaven will be showered on those who take a stand for the Lord.

Just as Stephen did, proudly proclaim your heritage. Be proud of your family tree, but remember, it looks different than those who do not follow Christ. There are no branches, but rather your tree looks peculiarly like a cross.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Sims said...

Hey... Craig Fisher pointed me to your blog. Super post. What Stephen sees & says is only time Jesus is standing at God's right hand. Every other time He's sitting. When we take a stand for Him He's standing for us. Great stuff, man.

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter