I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 20, 2005

Update from Dallas

I just got back from Texas with great news. I saw Dr. Replogle, as Duke was out of the country. I went to get a CT Scan and the results were great. Ding dong, the aneurysm is dead! He was very encouraged and felt like I was doing very well in my recovery.

As far as the eye, he feels like we need to give it several months before there would be a need for concern. This was music to my eye. I was given the o.k. to drive, so that is a huge relief.

Thanks for praying. I'm posting a rerun below, but this epipheny was a big discovery for me...I love my new God.




My New God

I miss my daddy. I miss his unshaven face. I miss his less than Colgate fresh breath. I miss the way you could tell that he hadn’t showered by the way his hair looked. I miss how happy he was to see me, no matter what kind of day he had. I miss most everything about him. Dad got homesick and went to be with Jesus a few years ago. He died doing what he loved to do most…eating.

My perception of God has changed lately. Maybe it’s the longing for my own dad again. I don’t know. But, it seems like this God is better than the one I grew up with.

A simple knock on His screen door ushers me into His presence. This one has a favorite recliner. My new God’s feet have slippers on, not some royal wooden shoes with a royal emblem on them. My new God’s face is a little unshaven. His skin dark with wrinkles. Perhaps the wrinkles come from pacing the porch of Heaven, squinting to see which of His children will come over the horizon next.

I no longer have to sit beside Him, but He calls me to crawl up on His lap. He holds me so close that I can feel His breath on the top of my head. For the first time, I am so close I can feel his heart beat through His flannel shirt. We don’t even always have to talk. Sometimes we just hang out and rock. It feels secure here. As a matter of fact, there is no place I would rather be…in the arms of my Abba who loves me unconditionally. He loves me for who I am, not who I should be.

After dad died, I was overwhelmed by things would come up that would remind me of him. I remember hugging my uncle with his unshaven face, and less than fresh breath. I could have stayed there for a while. It probably would have freaked him out, but it felt very comfortable.

The more I get to know my new God, the more homesick I get. I love Him a lot. I can’t wait to meet Him, but until then, I’ve got three little boys that need to feel their father’s unshaven face, sense his breath on the top of their heads and smell his less than fresh breath.

Take a chance. Get out of your chair and crawl on up. Your new God is waiting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news about your doctor's appointment plus a wonderful description of our wonderful Father.

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Donna G said...

Great news! I love how God answers prayers! (and yes I know sometimes the answer is not what we want, but I am grateful that your answer was good)

9:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter