I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

July 21, 2005

Get Out Of Jail...Free

The next time someone asks you if you’ve spent any time in prison, say “yes.” You have. I have. Sin was our prison. You were in the clink…the slammer. You were placed behind the prison of guilt and unforgiveness and were shackled to a world of misery. It was a dark and lonely place.

You cry out in submission to your Father. As you sit in the corner of your cell you hear the key inserted in the cell and the door slowly open. The light coming from the door was blinding. As your eyes adjust to the light you see Jesus standing there. He has come to pay your bail. You’re free.

Sometimes I wonder if we take our “time served” for granted. Life gets busy. It’s a hectic world we live in. Sure, we pray. Sure, we are thankful for our blessings. But, do we truly understand the magnitude of what was done on that lonely cross 2,000 years ago? We have been freed. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty we are free at last! Truer words have never been spoken.

If today you find yourself still sitting in your dark cell, I ask why. Your time has already been served. All you have to do is acknowledge who served it and call out to the one who paid the price.

I pray that the conviction of where you sit and what awaits you will penetrate your soul. I pray that the thought of another day without your Creator being your guide and your Master will have you crying out the name of your Savior. He waits at your cell door with keys in hand longing to free your shackled life. In this game of Monopoly of life, Jesus stands at the door with your “get out of jail free” card, but you have to desire it. You have to want it and cry out for it.

Experience freedom. If you’ve been freed, vow today to never take it for granted. If you’re still in bondage, cry out.

Your God awaits your call.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I have lived my life lately taking for granted what Jesus did for me. THis made me take another look at this gift. I so appreciate your words each day.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger bee'nme said...

Hi Bart, what a lovely piece of writing! God is using you mightily through this venue, and I wanted to encourage you that there are folks out there cheering and weeping with you! In fact, I added a link to your blog on my blog which you can find when you click my link. Hope you don't mind, but I wanted as many people as possible to be blessed by the journal of your journey. Got your link through my mom I think...she might know your mom. Anyway, blessings to you and yours brother.

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter