I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 10, 2005

Your Faith Treasure Awaits


"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze, and cut through their iron bars. And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden wealth of secret places, in order that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name"
Isaiah 45:2-3

Read it again. The Creator of the heavens and the earth cares enough about me to walk before me…in front of me during life’s trials. He travels before me to make the jagged paths smooth. He shatters doors and cuts iron bars on my behalf. Or, in other words, He carefully and methodically makes a way for me.

Is there anything more comforting than this? Our God is not unprepared or caught off guard. He sees the hard times coming and negotiates a path for us to follow. We serve a God who never takes our hurts lightly. He walks before us…preparing the way to make it down the dark, scary road.

So, what’s the reward for chasing after your God during the dark times?

In response to our faith, He reveals treasures and hidden wealth not found without walking the dark road in faith. “Treasures and hidden wealth”…I wonder if He’s dialoguing of an intimacy, love and utter dependence that is absent in a vanilla, ho-hum faith walk. Following Christ without trials or dark roads produces little dependence and faith, but a life that submits to the God of the universe when enduring trials and uncertainty yields treasure and wealth. Yes! This is the answer for my life’s question.

The greatest part of this verse is the end. God makes it a point to let us know that He does all of this for one purpose…to know that it is He, The God of Israel calling us by name. By name. Your name. You are His child and He understands that this life will be difficult. But He wants you to know that when we visit dark places, it is His voice you hear…calling you closer. He cares for you individually…little ‘ole you. You are the apple of His eye, and He longs for you to know Him and be in intimate relationship with Him.

I feel like I’m Indiana Jones unlocking the secrets to the Temple of Doom. This truth of scripture has opened a new door for me. Although I’ve read this verse before, reading it with fresh circumstances brings new meaning.

What dark roads do you negotiate? Are you in a dark place in your marriage, family, vocation, finances or walk with your Savior? Isn’t it comforting knowing that your God goes before you, preparing the way for dependence and faith? Your Daddy cares so much about you that He has plowed the way before you. All you have to do is walk in faith, knowing that He has seen the unknowns that lie before you, and equipped you to deal with them. You’ll never walk through the dark alone. Believing this truth from scripture will change the way we traverse dark places.

Do you hear Him calling your name? Walk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

That is beautiful. I am grateful the knot in your head has not affected your meditation and interpretation of scripture. You inspire me daily!

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter