I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

May 11, 2005

The Two Trees

I can picture the soldiers at the lumber yard deciding on exactly which logs were suitable for the day’s executions. What was the perfect log to crucify their Savior on? Which piece of wood would best hold the One who held their salvation? As high profile as this ‘criminal’ was, I’m sure they took their time picking out the perfect pair.

Never in history has there been a time where two logs meant so much. Consider the magnitude of those heavy splintered logs. The crude construct held the One who held the weight of the world on His shoulders. Those two trees that formed the cross, held the One who brought glory to my soul.

Redemption. Salvation. Grace. Forgiveness. Eternal life. Freedom. This could possibly be the greatest lineup of words ever put together.

That one act of selfless love forever changed our relationship with our Creator. As the Son of God breathed His last, a supernatural exchange occurred between Heaven and earth. As followers of the One who had breathed His last, we went from law to grace…rule-keeping to sin-forgetting…powerless to empowered…shackles to freedom.

In an instant, everything changed. Our empty shells were invaded by a Helper. The Son of God told us that we would actually be better off when He took His last breath. The Holy Spirit was sent to empower us to do the right things and convict us when we mess up, while Christ sits at the right hand of His Father interceding on our behalf.

What an incredible plan that God thought up! It was a perfect plan…flawless.

To those who haven’t yet bought into the story of the two logs, I can only ask that you read those six words above. Which one of those words is offensive to you? What part of this story repels you? Is it absolutely too good to be true? Are you a firm believer in “there’s no free lunch?” Are you afraid that you will miss out on all of the fun? What is it?

I pray that you consider the two trees….not in the form of the religious symbol hanging around necks, but truly consider their purpose that day. They had a single purpose. They were planted, grown, harvested and nailed together in the form of a cross to hold your only Hope until His last breath.

My prayer for non-Christ followers is that you reach whatever depths are necessary to realize your nothingness without your Savior…the One who saves. The trees saw a grueling exchange that day. Your exchange is painless. I would encourage you to trade yourself in for a fresh new being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter