I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

October 30, 2007

Boat Dweller

There is little risk in staying in the boat. Growth occurs outside the confines of the wood and fiberglass.

Into the waves…that’s where Jesus hangs out...amidst the waves that are so violent and cruel that they whitecap as an oceans surf.

We often think of Peter as the one who experienced the only recorded episode of wave walking. However, the Bible is full of examples of those who decided to do the unthinkable. Staring intently into the face of God, they stepped out of a perfectly buoyant boat into a sea of darkness that couldn’t possibly keep them afloat.

Imagine holding the limp body of your lifeless daughter. Faith was evident as he sought out Jesus to breathe life back into death. Welcome to the waves, Jairus.

Imagine pulling the knife from it’s’ sheath, believing with reckless abandon that God’s plan is perfect when he told you to kill your own son. Welcome to the waves, Abraham.

Imagine staring a 9 foot giant in the eyes on the battlefield with nothing more that a piece of leather and a stone. Welcome to the waves, future King David.

Jesus calls us out in faith to do radical things. Believe for the ridiculous. Claim the impossible. Pray for the preposterous. We serve a God who delights in the prayers of His children. What circumstances are calling you out of the boat and into the sea of uncertainty? Is it your marriage? Is it the test results? Is it your job?

Stepping out of the safety of the boat is the hardest part. That’s faith. You will not journey alone. Stare into the eyes of your Savior, knowing that He wouldn’t call you into the waves without an outstretched hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter