I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

August 23, 2007

Crocs vs. Escalators












Shortly after clearing Security at Denver International Airport, we heard Luke screaming as he headed down the escalator. I rushed down to see what he could possibly be screaming at so loudly. I looked at his foot and it was caught in the side of the escalator. Not just caught, stuck. I have never been gripped with so much fear. Only about half of his foot was visible, the other was somewhere down in the dark abyss of the metal teeth. I freaked out. His tiny foot would not budge. The harder I pulled the louder he screamed. It wasn't until we got all the way down the escalator when his foot finally came free.

I was unsure of what I would pull out of the crevice. I was fairly certain that some if not all of his toes would be missing or badly severed. Amazingly, the only injury he sustained was a cut toenail and burns on the top of his toes from the friction on the side walls.

The usual hurried foot traffic stopped and all eyes were on us. People were horrified when the saw what was left of the Crocs. A man bolted back up the escalator to find a police officer. "Oh good" I thought. "Someone who 'protects and serves' is coming." He slowly walked down the center staircase to us and asked in a somewhat irritated voice, "What seems to be the problem here." I could barely hear over the sounds of Luke screaming and the sound of my own heart beating out of my chest. I answered, "Your escalator sucked my child's foot into the side and almost ripped his foot off."
As long as I live, I will not forget his next comment. "It's not my escalator." Have you ever physically seen steam coming from one's ears? If not, you should have been at the airport that day.
And so went the next 15 minutes. It was "spirited." I've never lectured an officer of the law on manners and etiquette before that moment in time. He wasn't in the mood for a lecture, and I wasn't in the mood for sarcastic comments.

Bottom line...I didn't go to jail and Luke is fine. And we soon found out he really wanted red Crocs anyway.

Suzi and I seriously thank the Lord that it was not worse than it was.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonnie said...

Praise God, for we know who saved those toes!!

Hope you all are doing well. How is your vision?

Just wanted to say hi.

Take care,
Jonnie in Fort Worth, TX(Remember me, we shared Dr. Samson).

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter