I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

October 29, 2005

I Am A Christian

I am a Christian.

Last night I was watching Tom Brokaw’s special on New Life Church…the church my family attends here in Colorado Springs. It was an amazing special on the influence that evangelical Christians are having on the political process in America.

During the course of the special, Tom interviewed a family from New Life. Leon Loman just happens to work at Focus on the Family and is a friend. They chronicled their life, including their struggling start up Spa business that Venetia Loman launched. Tom posed a question to the Lomans. “When life gets hard and stressful, and you find yourself at the crossroads, which direction do you go?” In other words, are you willing to renounce your Christendom for the shedding of the stress…as if this is a logical solution.

I thought they did a good job of answering the question. They said, “We are Christians.” They basically said that there is no choice. They continue to believe that God is in control of their circumstances. The spa may or may not make it, but the issue is a reliance on the Master.

I’ve been thinking about that answer all day. Being a follower of Christ impregnates your very being. It’s not a title, but rather a calling. It is your DNA.

During the day you are a nurse, sales representative, loan officer, manager or fill in the blank. Your occupation defines what you do, not who you are. You are a Christian. This alone defines who you are and to Whom you belong. It’s the very fiber of your being. There is no on/off switch.

Being a God-chaser is not a part-time job, and in fact being a God-chaser doesn’t feel like work at all. For those who chase God, it is who you are.

If you have made the choice to follow Christ, yet your heart cannot resonate with this thought, consider this verse.

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith. Colossians 2:7

Answer God’s classified ad. Accept the job to serve Him without ceasing. You’ll absolutely love the benefits…especially the retirement plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Gregory Fisher said...

Here is the part that scares the anti-Christian people out there: We evangelical Christians don't just shed our convictions at will. We have a faith in God that helps to define "who we are" and give it a separate category from "what we do". They are people operating with no well defined "who I am" ... because that part changes with the wind.

11:00 PM

 
Blogger Donna G said...

I pray that my roots continue to grow... there is often forces at the top trying to uproot me...sometimes it is just me, being careless!

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter