I had a "Giant Cavernous Aneurysm" behind my left eye. I went to Dallas for surgery and it was killed...however post op my eye is unresponsive. It is if I am looking out of a steamy shower door. Some days it is better than others. Please pray that my sight will be restored. God has been putting words on my heart that I feel I must put on paper. The following thoughts are those I feel that the Lord is speaking to me lately. Enjoy.

November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005



Happy Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful day. Our day started off with the annual Focus on the Family Turkey Bowl. About 25 guys from Focus, including Jim Daly, Focus' President and CEO came together for a good old fashioned game of flag football. What a blast! Daly was a quarterback in college, and man was I impressed. The guy has a rocket for an arm. There were no groin strains or hamstring pulls...so that, in and of itself was a great start to Thanksgiving.

Our family did something we have never done. We went to the Salvation Army to "bless" those who were disadvantaged. Per usual, God had a different plan. We got there and immediately sat down with a wonderful older couple. Mel and Grace, who are 79, lived only a few blocks away. Our boys interacted with them and really made them smile. They live in the Springs, but have no family here. Grace kept crying during the meal and told us that God must have sent us. We had been home from the shelter for only a couple of hours and received a call from their daughter in Mexico, who is a missionary there. She extended her heartfelt thanks for reaching out to her parents, and told us that she has prayed for a family who could help care for her elderly parents. Again, how could this day get better?

Then, this afternoon, our dear friends Ken and Meredith Norwood came over with their 3 boys...all three the exact same age as ours. Ken and I started at Focus on the exact same date, and we both moved our families out to Colorado not knowing a soul. God has really knit our hearts together. We shared the most incredible Thanksgiving day meal together. We joked that we kind of felt grown up...having our very first Thanksgiving away from the comfort of home.

I missed being with our families back in Texas. However, I thank God that He gave us a wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter